Some verses do a lot more than just give you lyrics to listen to. I think one of the reasons people love music as much as they do, is because at times there really aren't any words you can come up with to describe a type of feeling or emotion that you are having. Until you hear that verse that puts it all together for you in a matter of seconds. This is that verse for me, just a few bars of it though...........
Joe Budden, Ordinary Love S**t Part 1
I just chunk Deuces.
My skin will turn numb, and you’ll be stuck with what your truth is.
Then you’ll feel a way thinking, "I should have resisted."
Then you’ll start to see a side of me
you never knew existed.
Cause you’ve never seen me act like a jerk,
I know women will provoke you and get mad when it works.
Rather reserved, and that always makes matters the worst.
Cause I go on about my business and not act like it hurts. But wait!
It’s to the point I gotta ask myself
"Why the f-ck is it so easy to detach myself?"
Maybe it aint you, just something I lack myself.
But if these wounds are self inflicted I can patch myself..........
Friday, January 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment